The Sunshine Award
Many thanks go to Becoming Madame for nominating me for the Sunshine Award. I am humbled and greatly appreciate the recognition. Like many bloggers, I often wonder if anyone reads what I write.
As part of the rules for this award, I am to answer the following 10 questions and nominate 10 bloggers who inspire me. Here it goes.
The Ten Questions:
- Favorite Color – Red, of course
- Favorite Animal – Cats and dogs, who can chose?
- Favorite Number – 9
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink – Diet Coke
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter – Facebook, just getting started on Twitter
- My Passion – Reading, Writing, History, Travel (no way I could choose)
- Prefer Getting or Giving Presents – Giving, I love choosing presents for people
- Favorite Pattern – Stripes
- Favorite Day of the Week – Fridays and Saturdays
- Favorite Flower – Rose
Following are Ten Bloggers I nominate in no particular order:
- The Collaborative Writer | Demythologizing cultural beliefs about writing, one post at a time – An insightful writing blog that also offers a forum, online classes, and plenty of wonderful writing advice.
- Childhood Relived – Angie Z.’s funny take on pop culture – 80s pop culture in particular – never fails to amuse me. It must be hard to be that funny consistently. Her blog has a lot of heart and a lot of obscure 80s references.
- The Middlest Sister | There are 5 sisters. She’s the middlest. – A unique weekly blog comic, I cannot get enough. There is nothing like it out there. Check it out for yourself. A unique blend of funny and sweet.
- Little Cheesehead on the Prairie – I love the fact that Kathy of Little Cheesehead on the Prairie wasn’t afraid to follow her dreams, even in middle age. An inspiring blog with a lot of great regular features.
- Leeleegirl’s Life – Where do I even begin? LeeLee blogs all about her faith – and what that means for her social life. I greatly admire her faith. She’s making decisions I could never make.
- Ziiplight – I am in love with Ziiplight’s photography. She has graciously allowed me to use a few pics here @ Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde. I’m looking forward to following her for many years to come.
- Red Lips and Academics | The (bumpy) transition from student to teacher – I came across this gem thanks to Freshly Pressed. Think of it as a guide to love for the Sheldon Coopers of the world.
- free penny press | my words, your words, their words – A thoughtful look at everyday art. Always something new to explore.
- Once A Little Girl – A wonderful collection of childhood anecdotes. Adela also includes a couple of great regular features. You can find my guest post @ Once A Little Girl here.
- Tidbits, Kidbits & Kibble by Michelle Devon – Michelle Devon, better known as Michy, is one of the most inspiring writers I know. She’s also one of my oldest online writing friends. She also happens to be the creator of the Accentuate Writers’ Forum. There is tons of great stuff on her blog.