I began test-driving Google+ a little over a week ago. Thus far, I love it. It is still too early to tell if Google+ will replace Facebook for me. If I had to guess, I’d say no. It won’t replace Facebook entirely. I may simply prefer Google+ to Facebook.
My experience so far has been this: I love the simple interface and layout of Google+. Personally I find it more intuitive than Facebook. I also like that I appear to have more control over Google+. I’m not sure if that is the case. I do know that I love that the people I’ve come across on Google+ thus far seem more interested in actually interacting in meaningful ways. There appears to be much less whining.
I also love the fact that Google+ is game free so far. I know that it is inevitable that games will debut sooner rather than later. I just hope that it is easier to block invitations to games, etc. than on Facebook.
I love being an early adopter on websites! I enjoy watching new features develop and content grow. Below is a list of tutorials and information on Google+.
- iCrossing’s Google+ Watch: Early Observations (thecontentlab.icrossing.com)
- Is Google Plus Causing Facebook & Twitter Usage to Decline? (readwriteweb.com)
- What’s Up With This Google+? (themarketingguy.wordpress.com)
- Who is Using Google+ and How Often [Stats] (searchenginewatch.com)
- Google+ : How long will the Craze Last? (aisjournal.com)
- Google+: A Chance for Early Adopters (ewriting.pamil-visions.com)
- Social Media Top 5: Dammit, I’m Writing About Google Plus (doughaslam.com)
- Valeria Maltoni: The Only Google+ Advice for Business that Matters Right Now (socialmallard.com)
- Google+ vs. Facebook: What Will Surprise You (wlte.radio.com)
- Google+ May Have 10 Million Users, But They’re Not Visiting Very Often (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)